At CJS we are pleased to have had an 12+ year relationship with the team at Hot House Music (HHMUSIC LLP).
Hot House are able to provide a number of one to one music lessons during the school day as well as a number of extra-curricular music activities.
If your child is interested in having music lessons or having a trial at one of their ensembles, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 03303 200 880 for more information.
At CJS, our music curriculum ensures that all children receive a broad and rich learning experience. We believe that music is a universal language which inspires creative thinking. Our aspiration is that every child adopts a lifelong love of music, increasing their self-confidence, creativity and imagination through developing their key skills, knowledge and vocabulary. The challenges our music curriculum will deliver through appraising, composing and performing will also help children to develop the resilience to tackle abstract concepts. Our pupils will develop a deep understanding of music and its construction, which will allow them to respond critically and articulate preferences. Our aim is that this will encourage pupils’ curiosity to ask ‘why?’, as they wonder and justify particular musical choices and preferences.
Hot House Music provide whole class instrument tuition to our Year 4 classes.
By the end of Key Stage, pupils at CJS should be able to:
- play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
- improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the inter-related dimensions of music
- listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
- use and understand staff and other musical notations
- appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians
- develop an understanding of the history of music.